june 27/2012The Third Criminal Bench of the Federal High Court has passed guilty verdict on 20 people in the case of Andulam Aragie et al were accused of inciting terrorism on Wednesday.
In an interview with in connection with the verdict Prosecution and Investigation Director with the Justice Ministry Michael Tekilo told ENA that the court has produced 35 evidences including prosecutor and witness as well as more than 500 written pages and five CDs.
He said the defendants were trying to dismantle the constitution and the constitutional order and were conspiring with Ginbot 7 which prescribed as terrorist organizations by the federal parliament.
Michael said they had been receiving military training from the Eritrean government.
The Director said they were plotting to assassin government officials and carry out terrorist attack on public institutions.
The Director said the defendants failed to defend the six charges filed against them and the court adjourned to give final decision on July 13, 2012.
The court passed the verdicts on eight of the defendants who appeared before court while the remaining in absentia.
The defendants before the court includes Andualem Aragie, Nathnael Mekonnen, Yohannes Terefe, Yeshewas Yihunalem , Kinfemicheal Debebe, Mitiku Damite ,Eskinder Nega and Anduale Ayalew.
The guilty verdict passed on Dr. Berhanu Nega and Andargachew Tsige in absentia.
It was noted that four of the defendants in the case of Andulam Aragie et al were freed in the previous court hearings.